Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Wonder Where This Will Go

When you place something online you become an iceberg. You hang there in the water with only a tip exposed and wonder whether there will ever be interest in the rest. A blog exposes what's below the water line a little at a time and hopes for a discerning and generous reader. Worst case, it becomes a kind of journal that records impressions for your own later use.

I'm a designer by nature and by profession. I will probably write about that. I'm an academic too, but I find that in my field of study the academics haven't gotten to the most interesting and important questions. Maybe I'll write about them here and enjoy freedom from the multitude of citations that are normally used to give authority to what you say.  Saying it then will be its own authority.

 

1 comment: